MYSQL & Microsoft SQL administrator(Mid Level)
San Jose, CA
6– 12 Months
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Research, install, create, administer, monitor, troubleshoot, document, and maintain enterprise databases to ensure maximum availability of mission critical systems and applications.
- Plan, build and execute multiple detailed database projects/tasks simultaneously.
- Work with customer and unix/windows administrators/storage architects to optimize data mapping across centralized enterprise storage management architectures
- Maintain and support internal and customer databases in a 7 x 24 production environment
- Document all aspects of the database administration function including but not limited to best practices, job related white papers, and database standards/architecture
- Interface with other central IT organizations to improve and implement process, procedures and automation.
- Provide technical recommendations and mentoring
- Experience with MySQL administration
- Experience explicitly with MSSQL Server 2005, 2008 administration
- Experience in a linux/unix environment.
- Expertise with MySQL configuration, load balancing, failover and caching technologies.
- Expertise with MySQL replication and clustering technologies.
- Expertise with MySQL data architecture, server monitoring, and performance optimization.
- Expertise with writing and debugging complex queries and scripts.
- Proven experience in troubleshooting and solving complex problems.
- Strong troubleshooting skills within and outside database environment.
- Setting up and maintaining table partitioning.
- Strong knowledge of MySQL Database Tuning .
- Demonstrated, in-depth knowledge of database internals and data structures
- Strong knowledge of SQL/SQL*Plus and strong understanding of PL/SQL and stored procedures/pkgs.
- Strong Knowledge of Database Backup and recovery.
- Strong knowledge of UNIX shell or Perl scripting languages.
- Expert technical design, performance tuning and troubleshooting skills.
- Advanced communications skills, including listening, written, spoken, presentation and influencing.
- Advanced time management and organizational skills.
- Expert ability to exercise independent judgment and critical thinking.
- Knowledge of and experience with the ITIL Framework.
- Work with customer and Unix/windows/storage admins to optimize data mapping across centralized enterprise storage management architectures
- Certified MySQL DBA is plus.
- Experience with other database technologies like Oracle and DB2 experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent technical experience.
Key Business Solutions, Inc|| Office: 916 646 2080 Ext 221 || Fax: 916 646 2081 || Email:email@example.com || Yahoo IM/G Talk: satyakeysoft
Notice: This email is not intended to be a solicitation. Please accept our apologies and reply in the subject heading with REMOVE to be removed from our Mailing list. Thank You.