Services Oriented Architecture (SOA)
des moines, iowa
F2F (IN-PERSON INTERVIEW)
Responsible for analyzing & documenting the current state of State Medicaid systems, including internal components as well as external interfaces for systems integration with external systems. Also, assist with designing & documenting new system.
***PLEASE NOTE: Candidates able to come for an IN-PERSON INTERVIEW are strongly preferred by the client***
The Iowa Medicaid Enterprise (IME) is in the initiation phase of a large, multi-year system integration project. The scope of the project includes the implementation of a modern architecture platform and procurement of several new Medicaid modules to meet the IME’s requirements for managing Medicaid health benefits for over 600,000 Iowa citizens. The migration from the current environment to the future-state platform will involve the modernization or replacement of dozens of legacy systems and applications as well as the evaluation and modification of hundreds of system-to-system interfaces.
The department is seeking a solutions architect role to operate at the program management level of the team to analyze and document the As-Is environment and define an implementation approach for migrating business processes and data to the future-state platform. Responsibilities during the initiation phase include:
• Using Unified Markup Language (UML) to deliver the As-Is systems documentation, including component diagrams, deployment diagrams, and sequence diagrams
• Document system-to-system interfaces, including any associated business rules or technical constraints
• Serve as Medicaid Systems Subject Matter Expert (SME) while working with a Systems Integrator to develop the approach for phased migration activities, including the remediation of any associated interface/conversion impacts
• Communicate and mitigate impacts resulting from system transitions
• Participate in module selection and requirements discussions
• Participate in the procurement process to select a vendor to execute the DDI phase
A successful candidate for this role is expected to possess the following skills and experience:
• An extensive understanding of Unified Markup Language (UML) and other techniques for documenting technology systems
• In-depth experience with the software development lifecycles and software development methodologies
• Experience delivering results on systems integration projects involving business transformation
• Experience delivering in an agile/iterative delivery environment
• Ability to collaborate effectively with a wide range of personalities and work styles
• Ability to break down complex tasks into actionable work items
• Ability to work independently and communicate effectively.
Required / Desired
Experience with Unified Markup Language Required 5 Years
Experience designing and documenting large IT systems containing heterogeneous technologies and multiple systems integrations points Required 12 Years
Experience designing IT solutions based on Services Oriented Architecture (SOA) Required 12 Years
Experience with building IT solutions that adhere to multiple industry standards, compliance and regulatory requirements, and/or technology standards Required 12 Years
Experience managing stakeholder expectations and priorities Required 12 Years
Experience working within a project governance structure (methodology, required templates and reporting) Required 12 Years
Strong process and gap analysis skills Required 12 Years
Excellent task management skills, w/ the ability to multitask and manage multiple tasks with changing priorities in a cross-functional environment Required 12 Years
Demonstrated experience with working with business and technical users to gather and document technical requirements Required 8 Years
Demonstrate ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and project activities simultaneously while meeting established deadlines Required 8 Years
Hands-on delivery as part of large system integration projects (over $50M) Desired 8 Years
Medicaid systems DDI experience Desired 8 Years
Working experience with Agile Projects Desired 5 Years
Demonstrated experience with managing client expectations and implementing change management initiatives Desired 5 Years
The Contractor must report any disciplinary action, misdemeanor or felony convictions to the State for any temporary IT staff provided. Do you agree to this requirement?
Absences greater than two weeks MUST be approved by CAI Management in advance, and contact information must be provided to CAI so that a resource can be reached during his or her absence. The client has the right to dismiss the resource if she or he does not return to work by the agreed upon date. Do you accept this requirement?
This requirement falls under the e-RTR process. The candidate MUST submit their Right to Represent electronically following the process to be considered. Do you accept this requirement?
Please list candidate's email address HERE that will be used when submitting E-RTR.
The client is targeting Friday, November 30th to schedule interviews. In-person interviews are strongly preferred, but client will consider a web interview for a great candidate not in the local area. Please confirm your candidate is available to interview (in person or web/video interview) on the target date if selected to interview.
Key Business Solutions, Inc.
|| Office: 916 646 2080 Ext 221 || Fax: 916 646 2081
Note: This email is not intended to be a solicitation. Please accept our apologies and reply in the subject heading with REMOVE to be removed from our Mailing list.