Program Manager (582669)
Lansing, MI 48909
This program manager position will design, plan, and coordinate work teams for the replacement of multiple existing legacy IT systems within a Corrections environment.
This program manager position will design, plan, and coordinate work teams for the replacement of multiple existing legacy IT systems within a Corrections environment. This position will provide project control leadership and coordinate the work of project staff implementing solutions to meet the agency’s requirements and support the agency’s on-going projects.
This position has a high probability of being extended past the end date listed.
Successful candidates must have at least six (6) or more years of experience in managing projects greater than $5,000,000 in value and a minimum of two (2) years working directly for a State Corrections department as a project manager focused on large-scale enterprise IT systems.
- Designs, plans, and coordinates work teams.
- Manages a portfolio of project activity streams across technology and MDOC business units.
- Provides project control support and coordinates the work of project staff implementing solutions that meet agency requirements.
- Coordinates and controls the end-to-end process of capturing all key project artifacts.
- Raises identified risks and issues to the appropriate senior management level.
- Works with stakeholders to facilitate project governance effectiveness through periodic status reporting, project/portfolio data, and regular governance meetings.
- Responsible for supporting all project delivery work in accordance with required methodology, and following all standard project management industry standards.
- Works under limited supervision with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Establishes project organization and methodologies and defines roles and responsibilities.
- Creates a structure and organization for the management of a complex environment with emphasis on quality, productivity, and consistency.
- Directs corrective actions in any area where performance falls below objectives.
Required / Desired
Amount of ExperiencePM on projects with budgets in excess of $5,000,000 with advanced experience managing programs of projects, complex projects or multiple projects.Required 6 Years
Minimum 2 years of experience in successfully managing the establishment and operations of a fully functioning Project Control Office (PCO).Required
Minimum of 2 years working directly for a State Corrections Department as a project manager focused on large-scale enterprise IT systems. Required
Minimum of 2 years managing projects involving vendor owned, designed, and hosted solutions. Required 2 Years
Minimum of 2 years developing Corrections-focused Requests for Proposal (RFP). Required 2 Years
Exp. working w/ SOM procurement on project(s) valued at more than $30 mil, with a focus on managing evaluation efforts following receipt of proposals. Required 2 Years
Minimum of 2 years drafting and executing enterprise-level contracts valued in excess of $30 million for State of Michigan agencies.
Required 2 Years
6 months of experience working with the SOM’s Lockpath/Keylight Risk Assessment Process as applied to a project under direct management.
Required 6 Months
Advanced understanding of project management methodologies as demonstrated by the possession of a Project Management Professional (PMP) designation. Required 2 Years
Documented experience in facilitating (leading) in-person requirements gathering sessions for systems implementations. Required 4 Years
Expert verbal and written communication with clients and technical staff in English. Required 15 Years
Expert skill in developing business and functional requirements, and transforming those requirements into clear and precise language.
Required 3 Years
Experience with State of Michigan SUITE methodology and related documentation. Required 2 Years
Master’s Degree (technology, business, law)
This position is located in downtown Lansing, MI. The selected candidate will be responsible for any and all costs associated with parking for this position. These costs will not be reimbursed by CAI or State of Michigan. Please confirm you have discussed this with your candidate and he/she accepts this requirement.
Please list candidate's email address that will be used when submitting E-RTR.
The Vendor Rate for this position is not to exceed $138.01. Do you accept this requirement?
The client plans to schedule IN PERSON ONLY interviews on 11/13. Please confirm your candidate will be available to interview any of those days if selected.
Please include a paragraph re: candidate's availability, location, applicable skills, and other pertinent information in the Summary of Qualifications tab, when submitting
Key Business Solutions, Inc.
|| Office: 916 646 2080 Ext 221 || Fax: 916 646 2081
Note: This email is not intended to be a solicitation. Please accept our apologies and reply in the subject heading with REMOVE to be removed from our Mailing list.