USC & GC
Description of Work:
- Develops solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation. Ensures solutions are consistent with organization objectives
- Contributes to the development of new concepts, techniques, and standards. Considered expert in field within the organization. Demonstrates the skill and ability to perform complex tasks. Able to communicate effectively and clearly present technical approaches and findings
- Design and maintain the 24x7 UNIX/Linux server infrastructures that supports mission critical web-based applications.
- Maintain the UNIX/Linux Servers and secure the servers according to the Policy Compliance Management requirements.
- Provide system and log analysis, performance tuning and monitoring to ensure security for all UNIX/Linux Web and Application servers.
- Install, develop and maintain scripts and code to support various new system functions in the UNIX/Linux intranet and Internet environments.
- Maintain and support eTrust Access Control for all ULPST UNIX/Linux user accounts.
- Maintain and support CA eTrust Directory servers.
- Maintain and support virtualization technology using Solaris Logical Domain (LDOM) and x86 virtualization technologies.
- Maintain and support Solaris 10 on the UNIX/Linux servers in the Internet and Intranet infrastructure.
- Provide technical expertise on Web Sphere, ColdFusion and iPlanet software with configuration issues on the distributed Sun Solaris and Red Hat Enterprise Linux environments.
- Troubleshoot Sun Solaris and Red Hate Enterprise Linux systems and application problems and facilitate the necessary actions required to correct the problem.
- Communicate with designated personnel by phone and email concerning the details of the issue, expected resolution, and root cause analysis.
- Have the ability to research problems and contact and escalate issues with Oracle, Red Hat, VMWare or other third party hardware and software providers.
Provide technical support during a disaster recovery exercise or in the event of an actual disaster.
Minimum knowledge, skills, abilities needed.
- Bachelor's degree and 7 Years of relevant work experience OR Master's degree and 5 Years of relevant work experience or PhD degree and 3 years of relevant work experience OR a minimum 11 years of relevant work experience as an Computer Systems Analyst/Programmer in lieu of a degree
- 5 years Red Hat Enterprise Linux v6.x/7.x Operating System experience
- 2 years administration experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- 2 years of experience using ansible
- Must be US Citizen or US Permanent Resident (Green card holder)
Must be able to obtain a public trust or higher clearance
Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration.
Key Business Solutions, Inc.
|| Office: 916 646 2080 Ext 215 || Fax: 916 646 2081
Note: This email is not intended to be a solicitation. Please accept our apologies and reply in the subject heading with REMOVE to be removed from our Mailing list.
- Experience using Web Sphere, ColdFusion and Apache Application Server platforms for both configuration and troubleshooting of hosted applications experience
- Experience with version control (CVS, Subversion, Git, etc.)
- Demonstrated knowledge in Red Hat Cloud Computing discipline such as Red Hat Cloud Forms, Open Shift, Docker, or other IaaS or PaaS solutions
- Strong understanding of and compliance with IT development process (SDLC).
- System administration experience (Windows and Linux).
- Requirements planning and project implementation skills and be able to work with internal technical staff and outside contractors to deliver results.
- A broad understanding in systems, networking and storage administration
- Proven ability to successfully plan, develop and execute technology solutions.
- Experience implementing best-practice processes and procedures.
- Web-based and E-Commerce development or in-depth support experience a plus
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
- Red Hat JBoss Administration (RHCJA)
- Solaris System Performance Management, System Administration, Performance & Tuning.