IT IS System Administrator
La Jolla , CA
Telephone and face2face
Required Information Details
- Role :Work Station Support
- Required Technical Skill Set :Client Operating Systems – Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows Server Administration
- No of Requirements :1
- Desired Experience Range : 5-8 Yrs
- Location of Requirement : La Jolla, San Diego, CA
Desired Competencies (Technical/Behavioral Competency)
- 3-5 years of experience as ‘Subject Matter Expert’ supporting a complex technical environment of hardware, software and applications for Engineering Users in areas of installation, break-fix, application support, infrastructure support, hardware vendor support, assistance to engineering users, troubleshooting client application problems, environment should include:
- Windows client workstations and servers.
- Exposure VMware environments, Storage Devices.
- Exposure to Unix and Linux.
- Process definitions and improvements
- Network investigation and troubleshooting
- Specific infrastructure support functions (ex. Backups, hardware repair, terminal server, SAMBA administration, remote console)
- On-site hands for other IT support groups (ie. Networking and Computing Services)On-site administration of asset management responsibilities including applying asset tags to new IT assets (typically servers & storage) and physical count/verification of IT assets located in supported data centers during annual asset inventory exercise.
- Systems administration functions (ex. monitoring, disk management, computer room maintenance, technical planning and consulting, System imaging and configuration)
- Technical Server and storage set up, deployment and support
- Diagnosis of cross-disciplinary (server, storage, network, application) incidents
- Application support on a site-by-site or remote basis (CDP, Netbackup, Symantec EP11)
- interaction with other IT towers such as: Networks, NAS storage, Remote Access, Enterprise services/servers
- Frontline Support: call tracking queue, providing resolution to end users by phone and through desk side assistance, utilizing call tracking tools, a knowledge database, and adherence to standard, pre-defined support processes
- Operations Support: maintenance and administration of the infrastructure maintaining a tape backup schedule and media management.
- Experience in Workstations Break Fix Service with assistance from Vendor Tech support.
- Installation, configuration of Windows client operating systems ( XP, Vista & 7).
- Excellent Troubleshooting Skills in Hardware and operating systems ( XP,Vista,7 and RHEL) on Dell Precision T3500, Dell Precision M4500, HP Z400, HP 8540w and other Workstation Class platforms.
- Experience in VMWare environments
- Application / package management in Windows.
- Patch management in Windows.
- Knowledge in Network and Storage connectivity
- Knowledge Backup
- Hardware support
- Client application support
- Excellent communication skills
- Service monitoring and SLA management
- Establishing and maintaining process documents and run books
- Above 2 years of Experience in support of R&D, Manufacturing Environments for a fortune 500 client
- Experience in HP C-Class, B-Class, 700 series environment
- Experience in First Level Support for all Engineering, R&D Application support.
- Documentation skills – processes, procedures following ITIL standards.
- Good understanding of Incident, Asset, Problem and Change Management (ITIL)
- ITIL Certification
Types Details of The Role
- Reporting To Which Role: Computing Services Lead
- Size of the Team, if any Reporting to this Role : NA
- Unique Selling Proposition (USP) of The Role :Work station support for Large Measurement Instrument Manufacturer in US
- Details of The Project (A short Briefing on the Project may be attached with this document for candidate- briefing). It may be shared with external stakeholders like job-agencies etc. : Work station Support for Large Measurement Instrument Manufacturer in US. This is an end to end IT Infrastructure project.
Key Business Solutions, Inc.
|| Office: 916 646 2080 Ext 219 || Fax: 916 646 2081 || Email: email@example.com || Website: www.keybusinessglobal.com ||
Notice: This email is not intended to be a solicitation. Please accept our apologies and reply in the subject heading with REMOVE to be removed from our Mailing list.Thank You.
|Recycle always | Save Paper - Save Trees | Go Green